Today, 7 of Queensland and the ACT’s brightest young scientists are in Brisbane participating in the Fresh Science state final.
The 60 state finalists have been chosen competitively for their discovery and for the quality of their research.
Today, they will be trained in how to talk science to journalists, business and the public at a one day media and communication workshop.
And tonight, they’ll join guests for a networking reception, and meet one final challenge – can they excite and inspire over a glass of wine?
The 7 Queensland state finalists participants are:
- Lee Hickey, The University of Queensland
- Julie Lovisa, James Cook University
- Signe Riemer-Sørensen, The University of Queensland
- Evan Stephens, The University of Queensland
- Elisha Wood-Charlson, Australian Institute of Marine Science
- Andrew Bulmer, Griffith University
- Melissa Ness, Researcher, Australian National University
The Queensland state final is supported by The University of Queensland