Today at ANSTO’s Discovery Centre at Lucas Heights, 14 of NSW’s future science leaders are participating in the NSW Fresh Science state final.
In total, 60 state finalists have been chosen competitively for their discovery and for the quality of their research.
Today, they will be trained in how to talk science to journalists, business and the public at a one day media and communication workshop.
And this evening, we’ll wrap up their training with a small networking reception where they’ll have one last challenge. Can they excite and inspire over a canapé?
The 2013 NSW state finalists are:
- Ummul Baneen, University of New South Wales
- Robin Beck, University of New South Wales
- Madleen Busse, University of Sydney
- Jessica Carilli, ANSTO
- Yee Lian Chew, University of Sydney
- Matthew Collins, University of Sydney
- Angela Crean, University of New South Wales
- Alex Donald, University of New South Wales
- Greta Frankham, Australian Museum
- Shayne McGregor, University of New South Wales
- Andrew Ong, University of New South Wales
- Anne Tiedemann, The George Institute for Global Health, The University of Sydney
- Chaofan Wu, University of New South Wales
- Jerry Zhou, The University of Sydney
The NSW state final is supported by ANSTO.